And away we go...

Welcome to my world...Here I am ,pen to paper or shall I say 'Word to Window' and I am off to explore this world... I am a "watcher" not a "doer" and I am ready to rock, roll and 'rite... Come along, if you dare, ya never know what we'll find there!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day of Rest


So I missed a day, so what? It figures, it was only a matter of time. I am so inconsistent! I hate that about me...I always manage to miss up and mess up. I wasn't gonna say that I was gonna keep this blog going for a whole year like that Julie/Julia girl did because I know myself and I cannot be counted on to do any one thing every day...except maybe sleep, yeah I sleep every day but not the same amount of hours and I never go to bed at the same time...see? Not consistent!

  Umm, let's see, I eat every day, but again, not at the same time and certainly not in a healthy manner each day.

 I do get up every day, but not at the same time! You would think that I shower each day but I don't, (sometimes I just take a bath) See, not one thing I can think of that I absolutely do every day...Heck, believe it or not, I don't even check FACEBOOK every day!

Which comes to the other side of the coin, which is the worst of all and that is procrastination!
Hey, I think I can truly say that each and every day I probably procrastinate in some way, shape or form. It is a horrible disease of which there is no cure...I will actually start one project just so I don't have to work on the one which should take priority, like doing dishes, instead of doing laundry because I am out of work clothes. Or start a sewing project instead of paying bills, or clean the front porch instead of clean the refrigerator out...Any thing that keeps me from doing paperwork is a good thing. I also put off opening my mail, which keeps me from paying the bills that come in them.

Now what I can do is work well under pressure and get a job done when there is a deadline!
 I am amazing at that, because that really is where Mr. Procrastination meets Mr. Deadline.
Now at my job, these secrets are never apparent because 'the procrastinator' only hangs out for the first 30 minutes or so, and then the 'deadline guy' starts to push me through the next several hours, sometimes with the help of Mr. Coffee! This kind of deadline has its own special reward:
quitting time!

 Now I can go home and put off making dinner until I check Facebook or maybe I will write or maybe I will do laundry or the dishes: anything to keep from doing what really needs to be done...sounds like I need to learn to prioritize! but, heck that's a whole other word and a whole other blog!

I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Look at you Aunt Marie, all Hightech with a blog! You are a great writer, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy, I am so happy you are a reader! I love you!

    ReplyDelete