And away we go...

Welcome to my world...Here I am ,pen to paper or shall I say 'Word to Window' and I am off to explore this world... I am a "watcher" not a "doer" and I am ready to rock, roll and 'rite... Come along, if you dare, ya never know what we'll find there!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Breakfast anyone?

Could hardly wait for a new day to blog again...ahhh, something to live for!...anyhow, let's talk about why I named my blog Breakfast with Beatles and Bobby the Dee and just get this out of the way, shall we?

The way I see it, I am a child of the 60's,even if I may have slipped and put the incorrect year of my birth somewhere...so what? age is just a number, and besides, I am 50 ish in my skin, but I am really 17 in my heart and that is where it really counts,eh? So, any "old hippie" worth his peace sign knows that the Beatles started all this wondrous,magical,generation-crossing, LSD influenced music that will never die. So why not start the day with them everyday, instead of once a week, like some people do?
And bobby the dee was actually supposed to be Bobby and Dee, but as I typed it in, my mind was wandering and I hit enter and ta-da! there it was, so it's staying...it is an official address with an http and everything, cool, huh? But I am losing the point, this refers to two BFFs from the sixties and they knew me then and when and they inspire me to this day...


I have another friend who gave me the idea to write. Nancy said to write a column! How awesome would that be and who would hire me and what would I write about? well, no one will hire an unknown writer! and I want to write about whatever I want, which is what is so frikkin fabulous about a blog! I will just put my thoughts out there "across the universe"

Now I also needed a common thread for all this blog, blog, blog, so I am the "watcher" Get it right, though, I am NOT a voyeur!.... I simply do not participate, I watch...there must be some kinda usefulness in this ailment, so let's just see about this..and see what happens...after all, I have always been a writer...I have poems and stories stuffed here and there...some dark, some spiritual, some humorous, some for children...some embarrassing, so "stuffed" they will remain and I will use my words and find new stories and reminisce about some old stories.
Feeling good was good enough for me, good enough for me and my Bobby McGee...

1 comment: