And away we go...

Welcome to my world...Here I am ,pen to paper or shall I say 'Word to Window' and I am off to explore this world... I am a "watcher" not a "doer" and I am ready to rock, roll and 'rite... Come along, if you dare, ya never know what we'll find there!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time spent, money spent

Sometimes I just shut down my brain and let it take a vacation. I did this today and gave it a day off... a day where I could spend time with friends and spend money on me. I call it a $100.00 day. I start off in the drug store, where I pick up two $5 prescriptions and it costs $20+ because hair dye was on sale and I do need some greeting cards, Yes! I still send snail mail...I think it is sweet and old fashioned, and I will not give that up...yet...

Then it is on to the jewelry store down the street. I have not worn my wedding ring for well over a year. Why? The diamond fell out at work one day...I am just now getting over the loss...it was a full 1/8th of a carat...but I have had it for nearly a 100 years and had grown very fond of it, considering it a good luck charm, if you will...The diamond was from my original engagement ring. I had my rings re-designed and put in a temporary CZ stone. I find it fascinating when people actually have the gall to ask "Is it real?" whenever a stone is a carat or bigger "Well, yeah, it's real, you're looking right at it, aren't you?" 

But back to the real reason I was at the jewelry store...My fingers have gained some weight in the last year or so, so I had my triple diamond (they are real, yes) Anniversary ring "sized" and that was $26. I like that word "sized". I would like to be "sized" and made smaller, please! After all, rings can be "sized" bigger or smaller. Sounds good, huh? Wish it was that easy...


One of my favorite "haunts" is Ross. I like to say "I got it at Ross" because I get a lot of stuff there and I say it even if I "got it at Target" because, like the commercial, it's just catchier... I fill up the shopping cart with stuff and after looking at every single top in my size, a size smaller and a size larger...See there is that "size" thing again...anyway, I found one top in a size smaller for $6.99.

 I may never wear it, but that's not the point. The point is, I found one top in the whole store, then it was on to household items...I found a little gadget that cuts jelly sandwiches into the shape of dinosaurs... Who knew? At $1.99, it was such a deal, I had to have it...Maybe I'll make jelly sandwiches for dinner tonight...So after I put back over half the items in my cart and paid for the other half ( $33) it was time to eat...

Next stop, lunch with my friends, who had never met, but I knew they would like each other and get along and they did have friends in common. I just enjoyed listening and laughing and being with them. It was like a spa day for my brain to be there. Alcohol wasn't or didn't need to be involved. It was relaxing and I enjoyed the time with them...priceless

All in all, I fell short of my $100.00 and that's OK, I can make that up another day...

Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied

1 comment: