And away we go...

Welcome to my world...Here I am ,pen to paper or shall I say 'Word to Window' and I am off to explore this world... I am a "watcher" not a "doer" and I am ready to rock, roll and 'rite... Come along, if you dare, ya never know what we'll find there!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

And the password is...

Crazy thing about computers and emails and banks and jobs and retail business; they ALL require passwords....funny thing about memory; I cannot remember them all and thought I had a foolproof application to help me remember them all....I didn't....they all disappeared into cyberspace. They are so easy to forget and so hard to remember. That's a bit of an oxymoron statement but never the less, a true statement. And we worry about hackers all the time....


How can they figure passwords out when they don't even know us? How do they know the name of your dog or cat? ( which is a terrible thing to use as a password)  Maybe we should pick the name of a favorite song or movie and the year we heard it or a favorite musician or movie star. Hmm, now I have some ideas for new passwords, but wait a minute, I just gave you a clue to my thoughts! Hmm, let me think...maybe the name of the bully from elementary school or that pretty girl who passed by you everyday that you were too shy to make friends with...

Opens up a whole new thought process, eh? Well whatever you do, make it strong, add some numbers here and there and for God's sake, remember them! Someday I suspect our fingerprints will be our passwords and there will be a place on the computer to just 'sign in'  Until then I will count on my memory or the coded pieces of papers that are locked into my trusty safe deposit box. Good night, hackers! Good luck trying to figure out which bully or pretty girl ended up being one of my passwords! My elementary and Jr high and high school was full of them! Now if I could just remember one of their names...

Memories, like the corners of my mind...

1 comment: