And away we go...

Welcome to my world...Here I am ,pen to paper or shall I say 'Word to Window' and I am off to explore this world... I am a "watcher" not a "doer" and I am ready to rock, roll and 'rite... Come along, if you dare, ya never know what we'll find there!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grapes of wrath

We have a family home in wine country. I love to bring back Summer Wine, there's nothin like it! Made from Georgia Peaches, it is great cold with cut up cubes of peaches and a splash of 7up. It really is a dessert wine and most people like it or so they say.
It tastes the best when shared with a friend or loved one. My husband loves to buy it and give it away,but he rarely drinks it. In fact, I don't drink it myself unless I have a partner in crime....Why? because I will drink the whole dang bottle, that's why! Another reason, I am limited to the amount of wine I drink is the fact that my face turns so red, it looks like I used way too much blush...A dead giveaway that I have been hittin the bottle. Some kind of metabolite crap they use to preserve it, maybe they use it in blush, too! I really rarely drink, really! I think of it as a sort of passive sport that I engage in with very special people during special times: vacations, birthdays, weddings (a requirement!) holidays, lunch with my friends, breakfast, and of course, dinner! Again, I am kidding! Honestly, I couldn't get away with it if I tried. I do love the occasional mimosa or two for brunch though-Yummy!
Drinking is optional to me, I can take it or leave it and I am very picky! Beer: Corona with lime,please! or maybe Heineken. Liquor: Vodka (give me the "absolute" best you have) tonic with lime, please! Wine: Summer Wine with peaches,please! Who would have guessed? Champagne: the best Spumante or the only Spumante you have will do. Generics of this stuff are pretty darn tasty! And make it a mimosa with orange juice, please! Oh, one more! Shots: Make it a lemon drop shot with the good "wodka" again, please!
Seems to be a theme here-Fruit! limes, peaches, oranges, lemons! Wonder what that means...Who cares? I am getting vitamin C! Now that's my kind of fruit salad!
So, sounds like I like to throw back a few, a lot, huh? Naw, not really, I am a 'lightweight' when it comes to drinking! Wow, it's GREAT to be a 'lightweight' at something! Besides, all that alcohol doesn't always mix with my blood pressure medication! So next time you see me, if I have red cheeks, I have either had a couple, it only takes two! Or my blood pressure is up! Or I have dressed up like a clown for Halloween! Here's to your health! CHEERS!
Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine...

No comments:

Post a Comment